Pages

Saturday 5 January 2013

Quote Me On This One

Today is my last day in London until I go back to Hamilton and start school again. I've had a decent time in London but I am super excited to go back and see all my friends in Hamilton that I haven't seen in almost a month! 
One thing I love to do is collect quotes. I believe that a pen is stronger than a sword because I think words can impact the soul more than anything. I am the kind of person who reads lyrics while listening to a song - lyrics are what make me attached to a song more than the actual music itself. Like everyone, I have had my bad days and being able to read something that is relevant to your life is extremely comforting. Here are some  powerful quotes for you, I'm not going to interpret my feelings on each quote because I think that quotes, songs and poems have a different impact on everyone. They may not be the happiest and cheerful of quotes, but sometimes we just need some words we can relate to.


What's your favourite of these? What's a quote, song or poem you can relate to?



10 comments:

  1. Love these quotes and poems! I am definitely one to read song lyrics as I'm listening to music also. I can find a way to apply almost anything to my life. I think that's what art was meant for.

    http://wonderwhatsnextblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Found you on the totally awesome blog hop! I do this with the lyrics, too. These days I'm obsessed with "doom and gloom" by the rolling stones

    afairytalecomesalive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks to share! My fav is :forgetting to leave room for loving yourself. I love how it described and related her love. But suggested never disrespecting, or neglecting or forgetting self :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the poem. Wish you all the best for your school!

    Love,

    Bong's Belleza

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful, as is your blog! :) Have a great time on the rest of your time in London! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl:) Hehe I'm not in the London you think (I friggen wish!!!) I'm in London, Canada (ugh not as exciting as London, England)

      Summer x

      Delete
  6. some great quotes there! I find quotes brilliant to think on at all different time of you life, they will have different meanings to you depending on where you are with your life at that point (if that makes any sense!) glad to have found your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tattoo, one of my resolutions is to get a quote for my office that inspires me and makes me work harder. I could probably do with one that says "STAY OF FACEBOOK!" haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of getting stay of Facebook tattooed on my forehead... such a problem! haha

      Summer x

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN