Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2013

25 Things You Don't Have To Justify To Anyone


I stumbled upon this great article yesterday and it immediately uplifted my spirits. Unfortunately, we live in an extremely judgmental society where you feel you need to justify your personal decisions in life. After reading this I felt so much better about the choices I have made in my life and why I really shouldn't give a crap about what other people think about me, my lifestyle or things I have done in the past. So if you are feeling down, ashamed or embarrassed read this:

1. Your job. Yes, even if you’re working something that other people condescendingly term “not a real job,” such as retail or service. If you have a job of any kind in this economy, you’ve already won.
2. Whether or not you have debt. If you managed to get out of your education debt-free, that doesn’t mean that your life is a financial walk in the park that you constantly have to be apologizing for. If you are in debt, it doesn’t mean you got a “worthless” degree and now deserve to be shamed for struggling to find work after you were convinced by your school that you were making a good decision.
3. The kind of food you enjoy eating, or why you enjoy eating. (No matter how “uncultured” or “boring” or “gross” someone else might deem your favorite food.)
4. Your decision to have children, or not have them, or to not be sure if you even want them.
Read more here

5 comments:

  1. this is wonderful-and something I needed today. thank you for posting. I think I'm going to email this link to everyone I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very uplifting! Thank you for sharing. Just what I needed...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Very uplifting, especially since I've been have some crummy days lately! Thanks Summer.
    xx
    The Introverted Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true. I hate it when someone gets nosy about our personal topics. And the society deffo is like that nowadays, "be like this if you wanna be accepted". But we don't need to agree ;)
    x, Lara
    http://rrv12.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo true.. Ugh. I hate having to justify my job to people.. So lame.. I wish everyone would just mind their own business..haha! Hey! I found your blog via the Aloha Blog hop! I'm one of the co-hosts. Have a great weekend!

    xoxox
    ♥Janette
    Janette Lane Blog

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN