Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Beauty on a Budget: Guest Blogger Christine


Hello I'm Christine from Little Red Bow and I'm a Canadian beauty blogger.  Summer has asked me to share with you my favourite budget beauty finds so here I am.  As much as I love Sephora and MAC finding affordable gems at your local drugstore or Wal-Mart is much more exciting to me.  These are all highly rated yet affordable products that range in price from $3-12 for makeup and $15-20 for the makeup brushes.



1. Essence Big Lashes Mascara
2. Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Eyeliner
3. L'Oreal Infallible Eyeliner
4. Maybelline Define a Brow
5. Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow
8. Wet N' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow

  Drugstores have really steped up their game in terms of eye products and you can now buy an eyeshadow for better quality than MAC for a fraction of the price.  Wet N' Wild make amazing eyeshadow palettes and the Sleek i-Divine palettes are amazing quality and their shipping is only $2.77 to Canada.  My all time favourite eyeliner is by Rimmel and it costs less than $5 whereas my friend has been raving about Essence mascaras which cost $3-4 at Shoppers Drug Mart (or Ulta in the U.S.)

1. Wet N' Wild Lipstick
2. Revlon Lip Butter
3. Revlon Super Lust-out Lipstick
4. Maybelline Color Whisper
5. Rimmel Stay Glossy

  Gone are the days where drugstores only offered horrible frosty lipsticks as you can now find on trend colours in amazing formulas for next to nothing.  Wet N' Wild and Revlon have amazingly pigmented lipsticks while the new Maybelline Color Whispers and Revlon Lip Butters offer sheer and glossy colour.  I haven't tried many drugstore lipglosses but Rimmel offers nice and non-sticky glosses for very cheap.

1. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
2. L'Oreal True Matte Foundation
3. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer
4. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
5. Rimmel Natural Bronzer
6. Rimmel Blush
7. Wet N' Wild Blush
8. Milani Illuminator

  For face makeup my favourite brand is Rimmel but if you need more shades to choose from the L'Oreal True Match line is amazing.  Wet N' Wild and Milani also have pretty offerings in terms of blushes and Milani's Illuminating Face Powder is a beautiful highlighter for your cheekbones.

1. Real Techniques Eye Starter Set
2. Eco Tools Starter Set
3. Real Techniques Core Collection

  I own a lot of Real Techniques and Eco Tools brushes and I have to say they are amazing!  I reach for them more than my MAC ones and they're all very durable and wash up nicely.  If you're just getting into makeup I'd highly recommend the sets above as they offer everything you will need and each set is cheaper than one single brush from MAC.

Make sure you check out Christine's blog for more beauty tips!

Thanks for guest posting Christine!



8 comments:

  1. I'm definitely trying to build up my savings (since it took such a big hit moving) and these would let me have a little fun, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again Summer for asking me to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some great bargain finds! I've been wondering about the Eco Tools brushes so will check them out now. Great informative post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Wet N Wild lipsticks and those 3 color eyeshadow sets (walking on eggshells is my favorite color set).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Christine.. I love the eco tools brushes :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a wonderful post! i agree that the color tattoos, tru match liquid foundation, and eco tools brushes are great. i'd love to try the real techniques brushes and those lip products :) Don't forget to earn daily entries in my GIVEAWAY ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these products are definitely some of the best drugstore finds. Love this post, kudos Christine!

    The Introverted Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beauty on a budget is always helpful for ladies of all the ages.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN