Pages

Monday 24 December 2012

Christmas Eve Blues

While everyone is hyped up about Christmas tomorrow, I'm pretty upset because this is the last day I get to spend with Paul. If you are a new follower, Paul and I are in a long distance relationship and I have no idea the next time I'll be able to see him. Could be two-four months before I see him again so today is a pretty sad day. On the bright side, I've had an amazing time with my wonderful boyfriend.

Yesterday was our Christmas since today Paul has to work. One thing that Paul has over me is that he can cook. I have yet to perfect macaroni and cheese, I'm a TERRIBLE cook. Paul spoils me a little... and by a little I mean a lot. For breakfast he made me bacon, scrambled eggs and french toast (I wish I took a picture of it it was so delicious) and at night he made homemade spinach dip for an appetizer and for dinner he made turkey, broccoli, mashed potatoes, stuffing, the works.
 








           Morning we exchanged gifts. Paul unfortunately had his credit card information stolen so he didn't have many options to shop for me since Jasper is a tourist town, but he got me the perfect presents. I got Paul: Socks (what a terrible gift Summer!! On the contrary, nothing makes Paul more happy than new socks, he was ecstatic), Cherry Coke (you can't get Cherry Coke in Alberta and it's his favourite), his own mini Man Cave since he keeps insisting that when we live together we need to design it into a Man Cave (and that's never going to happen) so I got him his own little Man Cave kit, and a book on the best Goalies ever in the NHL. Paul got me a wooden candle holder, a snow globe with deer inside, PS I Love You (I'm a sucker for rom-coms), Werther Originals, Swedish Berries, Cookies N Cream chocolate bar (he wants me to get fat apparently) and Poker themed chocolate (we love poker). Our gifts were perfect for each other with little inside jokes for each gift. It was perfect.


Duke and Paul opening their gifts.

Pyramid Mountain in Jasper

Paul and I made a list of activities we wanted to do while I was visiting

Eat French Toast and drink Hot Chocolate
Beer and burgers at Whistle Stop Pub (our favourite pub in town)
Visit the Christmas Shops in town
Maligne Canyon Ice Walk
Chop down our own Christmas tree
Decorate our Christmas Tree
Buy our very first Christmas Ornament
Bake Christmas cookies
Go skating
Go sledding (since neither of us ski/snowboard)
Wine and cheese night
Make Christmas cocktails
Watch Christmas Movies:
Home Alone (1 & 2)
Love Actually (my favourite Christmas movie)
Elf
Bad Santa
Christmas With the Cranks
A Christmas Story
Its a Wonderful Life
The Grinch 
A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas
The Family Stone
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
Frosty the Snowman

The day we wanted to do the Ice Walk it was -30 degrees so that was a bust, the lake hadn't frozen completely so we were unable to go skating, sledding we didn't get to, we watched Home Alone 3 instead of 1 & 2 (it was on TV) and the rest of the movies we will probably watch tonight as well as make Christmas Cocktails tonight. Overall I had an amazing time with Paul and I will be counting down the days until I get to see him again.

Merry Christmas Eve

 I also learned how to take Bokeh photos! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN