Pages

Monday 17 December 2012

Music Monday: Covers

For today’s Music Monday I made a playlist of my favourite covers. Covers by Nirvana, Iron & Wine, Arctic Monkeys and more. Enjoy!

1. Heaven - Brandi Carlile (Original: Bryan Adams)
2. Whatever You Like - Anya Marina (Original: T.I.)
3. The Man Who Sold the World - Nirvana (Original: David Bowie)
4. Jolene - The White Stripes (Original: Dolly Parton)
5. Baby I’m Yours - Arctic Monkeys (Original: Barbara Lewis)
6. Such Great Heights - Iron & Wine (Original: The Postal Service)
7. Free Fallin’ - John Mayer (Original: Tom Petty)
8. Hey Ya - Obadiah Parker (Original: Outkast)
9. You’re The One That I Want - Angus & Julia Stone (Original: Olivia Newton John & John Travolta)
10. Crazy - The Kooks (Original: Gnarles Barkley) 
11. Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (Original: Leonard Cohen)

What are your favourite covers?

6 comments:

  1. No doubt Hallelujah is one of the best covers in the history of music...and I love #5 too :)

    One of my favorites is Patti Smith's cover of "Gloria", and the song "Train Kept a Rolling" has had many great covers by the Yardbirds or Aerosmith

    ...so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - I'm dying over this. I also die over Jolene, both the original and the cover. You are sure a girl after my own heart with all of these music posts.

    For reals.

    Also - did you watch The OC? Because I can't listen to Hallelujah without thinking of it hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the OC I actually can't believe I forgot that they used Hallelujah!!

      Delete
  3. Just followed your lovely blog ! I'm going to check out these covers they look really good cant wait to listen .

    -Angelica @ www.angelicadiscovers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually posted the video to Anya Marina's version to Whatever You Like on my blog a few weeks ago! I heard it on Pandora a few weeks back, and now I'm obsessed! I like it sooooo much more than the original. :)

    Anestazia @ Eccentric Delirium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So much better than the original right?!

      Summer x

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN